Monday, January 08, 2007

The Clock


Today, just a normal day, I was wondering about time which took me to some dilemma. Let me share with u some 45 minutes of my life and from which we can all wonder !! .Waking up with an alarm, to struggle my human need for more sleep while under the nice warm blanket then making sure to watch every minute that passes by while preparing my clothes and wearing them before the second alarm rings signaling time to leave if I want to reach the office on time. If that second alarm just rings and I am still half way to my ‘outside’ final state, I get more stressed because at that moment I know that I am counting down my ‘late’ time. Once done and couldn’t even catch something to eat... I have to run to line up for the “big taxi” with other people that remind me that I was not the only one struggling to get there.
In the cab, again, I keep an eye on the quick moves of my watch trying to stop it and stressing more for watching it run so fast while I am still stuck with the circulation. Dropping off the first cab and hopping in a second one and watching the road while thinking about the watch but still I cant look this time because I feel that I am exaggerating with this ‘stressing time’ but the passenger next to me just decides to ask me about the time so I guess, like me he wanted to know despite the conviction that the cab is on the way to our destination and will get there sometime soon. Getting to my office, I look at my watch…yes I was some 5 minutes late and I decided that these 5 minutes were not really worth all the stress and tomorrow I should stay cool and ignore my watch. But deep inside, I know that tomorrow will not be different than today and my obsession with the clock will be the same. This circle that is haunting us with time and movement keeps turning and I still cant figure it out…
Do humans control the time or does the time control us !!
keep on wondering ...

1 comment:

Kaoutar said...

Welcome back sweet Narjiss:)

The Clock is imposing its POWER on us my dear:) Who among us can walk out without a watch, or at least a mobile phone showing time?? and who can spend one day without looking at his/her watch even once??

Allah ye3fou 3lina men stress! :)